Saturday, July 3, 2010

THE SHINING

Still reading it but OMG IT IS SO GOOD.
The movie is possibly my favorite movie ever, but I think the book is EVEN BETTER. *I think. They're both so good it's confusing!
What the book has that the movie doesn't give you is a full history and character development of the three main characters (Wendy, Danny, Jack). We also get to see the thoughts of the characters as they are happening...for a character like Jack, this is an amazing thing to be privy to. We get to see the tension and emotional energy bubbling thinly in a way that is barely concealed. We get to see the emotional reactions of this negative energy and how the words and actions of each one person heavily effects the others.

This post sucks and makes little to no sense because I've worked myself up in my excitement to get back to reading

!

No comments: